February 16, 2009

Monday

I had the day off today, woohoo! We went to Rockford and looked at Washers and Dryers. Emma got to ride in her BOB stroller for the third time. She cruised around the stores like nobody's business. Everyone always comments on how cute she is. Well, I mean duh. Now I have to leave her 4 days in a row for work, UGH. I hate being away from her, but she is lucky to be home with her Daddy. I know they have a great time, and I am happy they get to spend their days together. And envious :)

I'm not just saying that Emma loves books. She really does. Don't believe me? I have proof.







Emma also loves to brush her teeth. She'd do it all day if we would let her. Emma's crying? Grab her toothbrush, stat!



This black and white photo may be one of my favorites ever. She looks so chubby and luscious. Which she is. She bites down on the toothbrush really hard then pulls it out of her mouth with quite a force. This face is the result. Oh, and poor baby with that wild hair in her eyes. Every morning before I go to work Joey asks me to please put Emma's hair into a cute pony tail. Hahahaha, I get a kick out of it. Pretty soon he'll be french braiding and making tutu's!



Emma has been sneaking off to her room lately to play. She has a few toys in there, and I know there's nothing that can hurt her (or be eaten) so I let her be. I'm not sure how I feel about this new found independence of hers. I often sit right outside the door peeking at her. And don't let him fool you, her dad is right there with me. It makes us kinda sad to watch her play alone. I suppose it's good for her. SIGH. What will I do when she runs from me and calls me names? Or goes to school all day! Or wants to hang out with boys! Or moves away! I don't want to think about it.

Emma's words so far are mamamamama and dadadadadadada. That's it for now. She does have little conversations with us though. You'll sit and say oh really? and she'll talk back. I mean it isn't proper English or anything, but I totally know what she's saying. Usually it's how beautiful I look, or how much she loves me. Stuff like that.

For foods, Emma has gobbled up: Applesauce, tofu, pears, plum's, peaches, egg yolk, squash, sweet potatoes, puffs, mums, green beans, kiwi, toast, corn, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, banana, peas, cereal, crackers, and I know i'm forgetting some......

Um and for all of you who teased me i'm pretty sure Emma gets WHOLE puffs now. So there. And yes i'm still paranoid about her diving into a sugary cake on her first birthday. It will probably be a sugar-free carrot cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment