August 25, 2010

Kindergarten

I don't know how to spell Kindergarten. It is Kindergarten or Kindergarden. I googled it. It says technically both ways work, but Kindergarten is more correct. I'm confused.

Anyways, Drew had his first day of it today. All Day Kindergarten. I tagged along, because it's what favorite Auntie's do.


Drew played it cool.



He even stood in line, a little too close to the gal in front of him. She seemed pumped about the whole Kindergarten thing.


Then we followed him in. Duh.


I was excited to meet his teacher. She really looked like one of my old teachers, Mrs. Kilker, but had a little more spunk in her step.



Drew found his locker, and really seemed nervous about the whole thing. I could hardly get him to talk, let alone smile. He was observing I think.



His classroom was darling, and he found his seat right away.



And then we had to leave. Had it been my child, I might have stayed. Maybe even escorted out.

Tonight Drew filled me in and said that he sits across from Angel he thinks, his teacher is nice, and tomorrow he gets to have recess. He also told me that he ate crackers and chocolate milk for lunch (fibber, today was a half day so it was a snack), and that there are scooters in the gym. No girlfriend yet.

On a side note, my poor Emma has had a little flu bug the past 24 hrs or so. It seems to be going away, so I am crossing my fingers and giving her lots of gatorade. Only 2 1/2 more years until she is in Kindergarten. Oh. My.

No comments:

Post a Comment