August 10, 2010

Past few days

This past weekend Joey had Emma overnight by himself for the first time ever. I think we have left her overnight a total of 3 times since she's been born, but usually we are gone together. I had a bachelorette party for my dear friend Erika in Chicago, and we stayed in a hotel on Saturday night. I really hate leaving her overnight, but this time I wasn't worried because I knew she got to hang with dad. They had a great time together, and Emma didn't have any troubles going to sleep. They went to a housewarming party at Aunty Liv's, hung out with my family, got happy meals, and went grocery shopping for fruit snacks, a ty beanie baby, and other miscellaneous necessities. Sounds like fun to me..


On Monday's and Tuesday's Emma still goes over to Sue's house to play. I guess I could call it daycare, but Sue only has a few other kids and she is also my dad's cousin's wife - so she's family. Emma loves playing with Sue's girl's Meg and Kate, and the other two boys Sue watches, Hudson and Amani. Mike and Sue have also recently become foster parents, so right now there is another little boy there that Emma just adores.

Today I decided to leave my camera there so that I could see some pictures from Emma's day.. I think Kate was the photographer for the day - or as Emma calls her, "Tate".




Here is Emmy with Sue's other daughter, Meg.





Emma just looooves Sue, and not only does she chant Sue's name every morning on our drive there, but she usually shoo's me out the door when I drop her off. Today, like most days, Emma did not want to leave when I came to pick her up. She spent the day swimming, playing with the kids, petting the bunny, playing fetch with the dogs Chester and Delilah, chasing the cats Lilac and Sam, riding the golf cart, had a picnic under a shade tree, and did 587 other things i'm sure Sue forgot to mention. Now we are home and Emma is slow to get off the couch. She is deliriously watching Ice Age and eating fruit snacks that her dad bought for her. Oh how I'd love a day in her shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment