November 27, 2010

Emma's saturday

This holiday weekend has me spoiled. I am enjoying the time with Emma and Joey way too much. I am dreading going back to work next week, only because four days of work seems like it will take close to a year. I shouldn't complain, most people work five - but my mom is on vacation in the Dominican Republic and there is no fairness in that. I'm not sure why, but i've just decided that it isn't fair.

Anyways, today was Saturday and a great Saturday at that.

Emma woke up this morning and had a cookie for breakfast while she watched her cartoons. She wanted a cookie, and I let her have one because I love her. That's my only excuse.



Then Ryley and Drew came over for a visit. The kids screamed and played and fought, the usual. Ryley and Emma don't know how to share, then Drew tries to mediate and it all escalates. Then Emmy and Ryley beat up on Drew and they love one another all over again.


Then Emma ate a huge bowl of spaghetti for lunch. This girl loves spaghetti. I keep telling her that she might turn into spaghetti, but she says no I not.




This afternoon we got together with the family and Emma was able to play with her cousin Holly one last time before they headed back to Michigan. Even though we don't see little Holly nearly enough, Emma talks about her all the time. Holly is 6, and she loves Emma's company as much as Em loves hers. I think they could entertain each other all day long, and Emma told me more than once that she wants to have her.


We are still working on the potty training. It seems that lately the more I ask her if she has to use the potty, the less willing she is to go. Today she went potty twice on the floor, but didn't want anything to do with having a diaper on. I will say that we are progressing, and as long as she's potty trained before the little one arrives I will be happy.

Now it's 11 pm, and Emma is snoozing away on the couch cuddled up to my side. This long holiday weekend has her over tired and coughing - it's hard work being a 2 year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment