I love Halloween. When we were young we were very serious about the holiday. My mom would drive the van around while us kids sprinted from door to door - and we would hit up multiple towns. We didn't slow down, and we would fill pillowcases. Then when we got home my dad would eat all of our baby ruth's. Emma got 1 baby ruth, and I tried to convince her to save it for Papa but she couldn't do it. She was very possessive with her bucket of candy.
This year the weather cooperated and it wasn't too cold, and Emma caught on to the whole trick-or-treating concept very quickly. On Saturday night we took her for a little while in Freeport, then on Sunday we stayed close to home and hit up all of our friendly neighbors. Emma got so excited about each piece of candy she was given. She would randomly stop in the middle of the sidewalk so she could look in her bucket and check out all of the goods. Next year we really need to work on Emma actually saying trick-or-treat and thank you - we were trying to work on it, but she was a bit preoccupied with all of the activity going on around her.
She was a pretty cute little peacock, and it was funny to hear her try and say it.

Drew took his temporary badge very seriously.

This Halloween was also memorable for Joey because he got his first deer. I'll save you the horror of sharing a picture, but I've been hearing all about this buck on a daily basis. I guess the meat is going in our freezer, but I don't think I'll be able to eat it. It could have very well been Bambi's dad (plus i'm just not a venison fan).



No comments:
Post a Comment