November 28, 2010

Flu bug

I was woken up at about 4:30 this am to a sick little girl. I hate it when Emma is sick, and thankfully it doesn't happen very often. She had been coughing quite a bit through the night, then the vomiting started. She only got sick two times, and after each time she would say I sorry, I sorry, and then she would tell us she was all better. I really don't think she could be any sweeter. Thank God for Joey, who gets right up and starts washing all of Emma's bedding while I put her in the bath. Then he made us a huge bed on the living room floor and cleaned up round two of the pukies - or as Emma calls it, pook.

We took it easy all day, which is just fine by me, and luckily Emma is a good drinker when she is sick. She hasn't eaten much, but has her moments where she'll perk up and seem back to her normal self. Finally tonight she ate some spaghetti for supper, and I was glad she put a little food in her tummy.

Now it's 6pm and she's fast asleep on the couch.



Hopefully she will still go to sleep later on tonight and not wake up and catch her second wind. I've been sanitizing and scrubbing as she sleeps, so i'm hoping that Joey and I don't catch this darn bug. I've never been pregnant and had the flu, but i'm sure it can't be pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment