On Christmas Day we got to Joey's grandma's a little early so that we could burn all the cardboard from Emma's Christmas presents. She lives in the country, so I unbuckled Emma and let her watch Dad while he unloaded the back of his truck.
She made it a point to quickly retune the radio, and I love her for that.
Then Dad got back in the car and he let Emma sit in his lap and take the wheel.
It was one of my favorite parts of Christmas. One of those etched-in-my-memory-forever kind of moments. I don't think Emma has really ever been in a moving vehicle and not strapped snuggly into her Britax carseat, and I think she thought it was the coolest thing ever.
Then she found the horn. And she honked it, for a minute straight. As soon as she let go she would bury into her dad laughing. And GiGi was watching from inside and it was oh so funny.
And you see that dimple? The one right up there by her nose? I love it. And it comes out when she is really really happy.
Amen to happiness and smiles on Christmas Day - because they are so contagious.
No comments:
Post a Comment