December 5, 2010

Oh christmas tree

I love love love this snowy weather. Emma is at such a great age, just mesmerized by the snow and constantly wanting to go outside and play in it. The snow is too powdery to make a snowman right now, but that is on the top of my in-my-wishful-head list of things we must do this winter.Here is the pretty view we had out of our bay window yesterday morning.  It's not so appealing this morning because the street is cleared off, but I still love it. I love it, I love it, I love it.When Joey and I first moved into our house almost 5 years ago we had a fake tree we put up for a few years, but quickly learned that real ones are way more fun. I think alot of it had to do with having Emma and wanting to create traditions for her, and I am so glad we made the switch to real. On Tuesday of last week we went out to Williams Tree Farm to pick out our tree. This is the second year we've gone there, and we really like it. They have dogs running around that belong to the farm, and Santa is usually there sitting in his chair. He wasn't there when we went, which was probably a good thing because it would have sent Emma into a talespin. She is afraid of him. Very, very afraid. Williams also has food, hot drinks, and a monstrous fireplace that warms up the whole barn. I think the whole place is dreamy.







Emma did spend some time sitting in Santa's chair since he wasn't around. She was reading the book "The poky little puppy" and she really wanted to keep it. I told her Santa might bring it to her for Christmas, and she said nnnn tay. That's a new phrase she uses as a response to almost everything. It sounds really really funny when she says it, too, because she uses this southern-like accent and her voice gets all nasally. She makes me laugh. Another one of her phrases is I did it!! - which she says with great triumph about every little thing she does. Things such as brushing her teeth, going potty (this one is more rare), or pulling her dad off of the couch. It's really, really cute and we cheer triumphantly right along with her. 

Sorry, i'm getting off topic..

 

There were two pretty Goldens that were running around this year at the tree farm. Emma has always been fond of Golden Retrievers, and we got to see 11 little week old puppies. 


When we got home we quickly rearranged the furniture and got to decorating the tree. This year we were wise and chose a more tall and slender tree, unlike our big fat one last year that took up half of the living room. Emma had fun helping, and she only shattered one ornament in the process. She even got creative and walked around with our stockings on her feet. 

 
I remember being worried about Emma messing with the tree her past 2 Christmas's, but I thought this year we'd be in the clear. I mean she is almost 3. Well the girl has been tugging at the lights, pulling off ornaments, and crawling behind it over and over again - almost knocking it down on more than one occasion. I also have a present under there, just 1, and she is determined to get it unwrapped when i'm not looking.  I still would like to get some burlap ribbon to wrap around the tree, and we are in desperate need of a tree skirt. I've been too cheap to buy one, and the only ones I have loved are around $100 at Pottery Barn. Wishful thinking. 

Patrick is back again this year. I'll have to share about him later, he's a cute little guy. Emma knows she isn't allowed to touch him, nuh ugh. Funny how she listens to Patrick's rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment