December 15, 2010

Elf's and cold weather

So I figure I should fill you all in on Patrick, since he's such a huge staple at our house right now. Patrick is our elf, and Emma named him all by herself. Last Christmas my mom worked her magic and had Santa send him from the North Pole. He came with a story that basically says Santa sends him to watch over Emma during the Christmas season to make sure she's a good girl. Every night he goes back to the North Pole to report to Santa, so on most mornings he is in a different spot in our house.  Emma isn't allowed to touch him, because then he might loose his magic and he won't be able to fly back  to report to Santa. He started out on Emma's curtain rod in her bedroom, then he was on the shelf in the living room, and now he's perched up on our Christmas tree. Emma is amazed every time he moves.



I love him. Emma listens when we tell her Patrick is watching. I'm thinking maybe Patrick should stay all year. Don't go Patrick, I need you!



Lately life has been totally chaotic - trying to finish up the Christmas crafts and the shopping and the gazillian cards that were overtaking my counter. The Christmas cards finally went out today, and my plan is to finish all of my shopping on Friday. 

Joey is traveling for work again this week, so Emma and I are in our groove, yet so anxiously awaiting his arrival. 












The temperatures have been well below freezing and the ground is covered in ice, so thank goodness for paint and crayons and play dough. Emma loves to be home, so all of this shacked-up-inside-because-it's-freezing business seems to suit her perfectly. So we craft and we cuddle and we take warm bubble baths and empty out the toy box over and over again - because that's what being home is all about, and if Emma loves it then so do I.

No comments:

Post a Comment