My work week is officially over, and talks of the dolly store and tea parties are consuming our evening. It's all Emma will talk about, and i'm a bit afraid the anticipation might keep her up all night. But I wouldn't trade her excitement for anything, so let the anticipation rise, baby.

Emma is starting to spark the funniest of conversations. This morning she randomly told me that the baby can't have her diapers, "they to big." And it came out of nowhere, during a rare moment when we weren't talking potty or undies or diapers - like it had been bothering her. So I told her she was right, but we could save them for when the baby got bigger. She must have liked my answer, because she thought for a minute, then said "Oh. Okay."
Then tonight we were making supper and Emma said "no oh my God - I say oh my gosh, right mom?" Because she was on an oh my gosh kick, then it turned into oh my God (and we don't say that, so we don't know where she heard it), but correcting her proved to be quite a job. That's right dolly, I told her. And she walked around for about ten minutes muttering "oooooooh mygosh" under her breath.

Tonight is good, because not only is tomorrow our big trip to American Girl, but dad comes home after what seems to be the longest week away in the history of weeks away (they started the week of December 6th, so that's alot of weeks). Next Thursday is Emma's 3rd birthday, followed by her big bash on Saturday. So much to look forward to, and not to mention less than 6 weeks until the baby comes.
Now I must go. Anytime there is a tune of any sort on the TV I am summoned to dance, and I just can't say no.

No comments:
Post a Comment