Weekends fly by way too fast. It's already late on Sunday evening, and it just doesn't seem right. I'm really starting to feel the reality that we will have a new baby in just 6 short weeks, and i'd be lying if I didn't say that reality comes mixed with a bit of panic. It seems like daily people are asking just how far along I am and then respond with, "oh my gosh you only have a few weeks left!" and I suppose I do..
This weekend I got some organizing done, which allows me to minimize my mental list of "to do's" before the little arrives. I went through all of Emma's pictures and "momentos" and have them all together in a bin. I need to figure out a good way to organize all of her photos, and there are a lot. Do I put them in albums, photo boxes, leave them in a bin? I have her first two years scrapbooked, and I also have all of 2009 and 2010 from the blog in a book format (I used Blurb) which is my favorite way to portray pictures and memories. I just think she might want actual printed pictures someday to have.
Anyways, back to our weekend. Saturday called for sunshine and 60's, so Emma and I had to go to the park. We went to the other park in town this time, and Emma liked it because the slide was super fast. It was our first day ditching Emma's winter coat, and even though we will need it again this week, we celebrated. The warmth isn't far off.
Emma has a thing for knick knacks and gathering little odds and ends, and the whole time we were at the park her hands were full of little pebbles, and she faithfully carried them around the entire time she played.
She still goes to Sue's once a week, and we always joke about what Emma will carry around for that particular day. Last week it was a little toy dog house filled with little animals and a rock, and another week it was a large stuffed pig and her three little babies. It's always something different, but always something - and she clings to whatever it may be for the entire day.

Today was Ryley's birthday party, and it took alot of willpower for miss Emma to look at his wrapped present all weekend and not rip it open. We keep telling her that her birthday party is only 2 weeks away, and she will have plenty of her own presents to open. For those that keep asking what to get Emma, she is pretty thrilled with just about anything. She loves Olivia the pig, Toy Story, babies babies babies, hot wheels (oh yes she does), anything with little animals or a momma animal with babies. She love crafting - paper for her to paint on (she will not re-paint on paper that has a mark on it, so we are doing a lot of recycling), glitter glue pens, playdough... There is nothing she really needs, but I hope some of these ideas help.
I keep getting sidetracked.
Ryley's party went great, and Emma got home and crashed almost immediately from running wild with all of the kids. Nothings better than when she falls asleep out of pure exhaustion from a day well spent.

This morning we had to leave for another showing at the house, and spent the remainder of the day playing and lounging waiting to go to Ryley's party. At one point Emma brought her dad some bright red nail polish and asked him to paint her nails, and when he finished the one hand she wouldn't let him paint the other because she said it was "shy." She is such a funny kid.
And oh yes, we are still hard at work with the potty training. She only had one accident all weekend, and as long as we are at home and she is wearing undies she does great. It's when we go somewhere and have to put a pull-up on her that she forgets to go on the potty - and she holds all of her #2's for those pull-ups. I may just have to keep undies on her all day regardless. She just seems to forget if she has undies on and then pants on over them. Either way she did great, and the whole we need to save the diapers for the new baby line is working like a charm.


No comments:
Post a Comment