I'm getting to the stage where I start to panic a little and attempt to plan out what life will be like with two children. Emma's world is about to be rocked, and I can't help but feel a little sad for her. She has been the center of our world for so long, and now it will have to be shared. I'm rehearsing every scenario I can think of, like bedtime when I lay with Emma while she falls asleep, or our regular summer walks to the park. Will I want the baby strapped to my chest or sitting in a double stroller? How will I possibly get ready for work in the morning with a 3 month old and Emma? I'm role playing these situations in my head, trying to have some sort of a plan. All for no good reason, i'm sure, but having a tentative plan puts my mind at ease. I know that in time we will settle into a new routine, and the balance will once again be restored. I'm craving the warm sunshine, sprinklers and bare feet, which will all surely help our new normal to fall in place after the baby arrives. And I know it will be so good.
Tonight Emma and I had a date, just the two of us. We had a showing of our house at 5:30 so we went to the little ice cream shop in town and had dinner. We sat in a little booth by the window and had chicken tenders and lemonade, while Emma chatted about Santa Clause who was apparently sitting a few tables down. To the man with the long white beard, I apologize for my daughter's pointing and carrying on. And i'm sorry that I agreed with her that indeed you were Santa Clause.
There are times where Emma's cuteness and unbelievably sweet nature almost send me over the edge. The good kind of over the edge, like, I can't believe I birthed this girl and she's actually mine kind of an over the edge. This happens a lot. She has such a caring way about her, always concerned about those around her. Any time I sigh or make a sudden move, she is making sure i'm ok and giving me kisses just in case. I really, really love her.
Tonight Emma and I had a date, just the two of us. We had a showing of our house at 5:30 so we went to the little ice cream shop in town and had dinner. We sat in a little booth by the window and had chicken tenders and lemonade, while Emma chatted about Santa Clause who was apparently sitting a few tables down. To the man with the long white beard, I apologize for my daughter's pointing and carrying on. And i'm sorry that I agreed with her that indeed you were Santa Clause.
There are times where Emma's cuteness and unbelievably sweet nature almost send me over the edge. The good kind of over the edge, like, I can't believe I birthed this girl and she's actually mine kind of an over the edge. This happens a lot. She has such a caring way about her, always concerned about those around her. Any time I sigh or make a sudden move, she is making sure i'm ok and giving me kisses just in case. I really, really love her.

Joey is gone for work this week, and I think Emma sensed on Sunday that he was going to be leaving. She clung to him for most of the afternoon, and in a true testament of her love, covered him with her beloved stickers. Stickers are her favorite, so for her to share is true love, baby.
And this past Saturday Emma finally got to meet her new little cousin Mason. He couldn't be any sweeter, and loves to be cuddled right up to his momma. Emma was absolutely in love with him, petting his head and tickling his feet. She wanted him to stay awake so bad, and I knew if we didn't watch her like a hawk she was going to try to snag him. She is a little momma in the making.

The countdown has begun. Emma's birthday is in 31 short days. I have so much to do as far as planning, invitations, decorations. 3 is a big year for our girl. She'll become a big sister, start pre-school, potty train perhaps.. We need to send it off with a bang. Besides, she's the cutest, sweetest, most deserving girl I know. Have I mentioned how much I love her?
No comments:
Post a Comment