I wish I had this great intro about our day spent outdoors running through the sprinkler or weeding the garden, but i've got nothin'. We spent our day inside, watching the rain come down and silently cursing this cold front that is cramping our spring.
These last few days have been hectic. Monday morning we got an offer on our house, but it was extremely low and nowhere near us even considering. We are being firm on the price we will settle for, because regardless of the market it doesn't make sense for us to pay just to move out of our perfectly acceptable home. I don't like the stress of it all, and i'm a bit bummed that we finally got an offer and it very likely won't work out. I keep reminding myself that while our house may be small, it's a cute, bright little home and i'm lucky to have one. We love our neighbors, we love the town.. and most importantly, Emma loves this place.

Ryley and Aunt Livy came over for a visit today. The kids spent a good chunk of time yelling, "on your mark, set, GO!" and raced through the house until they were panting and tired. Then it was on to play dough, which meant fighting over colors and who got the alligator cookie cutter. But they did quickly realize that the vase on my table made their faces look distorted, and it was funny watching them. The two of them have their own little lingo.

We aren't going to let this cold front dampen our week. I work the next few days but then on Friday my mom, Emma and I are heading to the big city to go to American Girl for Emma's birthday. We are having lunch at their cafe, and I might be just as excited as she is. I really really love having a daughter.
****
Emma just told me that she wants her dad to come home, and when I told her he would be home after 3 more sleeps she said, "no mom, he has to come now and tickle my bewwy."
I don't dare tell him, I think he'd hitch hike his way home.
I don't dare tell him, I think he'd hitch hike his way home.
No comments:
Post a Comment