March 13, 2011

A new day

Saturday was a new day, and no worries, my pity party on Friday evening ended almost immediately after Joey returned home. Emma was feeling much better by Saturday. I was thrilled to find her wide awake in the middle of the night standing over me with a big grin on her face. She was thirsty, and thrilled to tell me that her belly felt better. I was thrilled, too.

Besides a 9:00 showing of our home on Saturday morning, we spent the day lounging and napping on the couch. The perfect day, really.


And today Emma served up lots of tea. Joey acted like the it tasted icky (complete with gags and tea cups flying), and Emma got the biggest kick out of it. I don't think i've heard her laugh as hard as she did today. In fact, she's laughing right now just looking at the pictures - and racing to find her tea set.


preparing the icky tea

Today was a beautiful sunny day, so we soaked it up and got out the sidewalk chalk. Emma's excitement over sidewalk chalk is enough to fill me up with happiness for a whole week.  I love all things that make her happy - even when she's drenching the bathroom during baths and getting her own pickles out of the fridge.

And assuming Emma adjusts ok, this whole time change doesn't really stink at all. I enjoyed the extra hour of daylight today, and I am liking the idea of going to bed an hour earlier, too. Katie the optimist has returned.

Cheers to a week that is bound to be good. We have only 7 left until baby animal arrives, and Emma's birthday is quickly approaching. There is lots of planning and preparation to be done. I keep saying that, but I vow to take action this week.

The weather is calling for 50's for most of the week, leaving much to be happy about. The park is calling our name, and not to mention, flat shoes for work. I am getting way to pregnant for my winter heeled boots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment