I can truly say I love being a mom without exception. I think it's a gift from God, that innate ability to love and think Emma is the greatest thing in the entire world all day every day. And it's also a choice. I vow to never be of those moms who complains about her kids, is perpetually frustrated on a daily basis and snapping at every little mess and tantrum. I strive to enjoy every moment with Emma, to keep calm and positive, and I hope I can be the same way when I am a mom of two.
And I know I have so much to learn. I am far from a perfect mother, and there are many areas where I fall painfully short. I have my days of frustration and impatient slip-ups. There are nights where I internally scream "yes!" when Emma goes to bed at 8:00, or think i'm gonna lose it when she wants the hat put on her baby for the 53rd time in a half hour. She has tantrums, and she throws things, and screams bloody murder when I try to brush her hair. There are certainly days where my patience is tested and "keep calm" philosophy is thrown out the window.
Lately I get feeling sorry for myself because i've been thrown into this role of being a part-time single parent. Joey is a great, hand-on dad, and his absence during the week can be grueling. I know the fact that i'm pregnant and tired make it worse. We have created this new normal, and we're doing it, but we've eaten more macaroni and cheese dinners than I care to admit and i've had my fair share of breakdowns. I'm not real sure where i'm going with this, other than I need reminding sometimes that everyday we create our own happiness. We can't rely on others to create it for us. This is me convincing myself to suck it up and quit feeling sorry for myself. It's totally working) I mean for crying out loud, imagine if we were all eternal optimists.
I think as a mom I have double the reason to keep my attitude in check. All mom's do. We can choose to be annoyed and strung out all day when our kids are running wild and spilling juice on the floor. Or we can laugh and play with them, and make a conscious effort to give them love and patience. I choose the latter. Because when i'm in a good mood and on top of my A game, Emma's happiness is freakin' exploding.
I think as a mom I have double the reason to keep my attitude in check. All mom's do. We can choose to be annoyed and strung out all day when our kids are running wild and spilling juice on the floor. Or we can laugh and play with them, and make a conscious effort to give them love and patience. I choose the latter. Because when i'm in a good mood and on top of my A game, Emma's happiness is freakin' exploding.
So be joyful. Create happiness. It all comes from within. You remember this, I'll remember this. The world will be a rockin' place.
VERY LITTLE IS NEEDED TO MAKE A HAPPY LIFE; IT IS ALL WITHIN YOURSELF, IN YOUR WAY OF THINKING.

No comments:
Post a Comment