Uncle Wook and Niki came for a visit last night, and of course the kids were in heaven. There was a whole lotta wrestling going on.
I am really trying hard to work on Emma and her sharing, or lack thereof. When Drew and Ryley come over it is a constant battle because she doesn't like anyone to touch her stuff. I'm talking extreme meltdowns here. She actually takes things and hides them in her room or around the house so they can't find them. When I had the Matilda Jane party and told her some little girls were coming over to play she took her Buzz, Woody, Jessie, and Rex and hid them behind the chair in the living room well before the party began.
And heaven forbid anyone touch my belly. It's her baby in there. I always have a hard time disciplining her, because she has this genuine concern that someone might hurt her stuff - she takes after her dad that way. But she does get time-outs, and I do know that she needs to learn.
Anyways, back to last night. Uncle Wook, in an effort to stop the sharing battle I'm pretty sure, sat with the kids and read a few books. They stayed for supper and the kids all cried when it was time for them to go.

Emma is on this new kick of dressing herself. I can't sway her decision in the least bit. Last night she decided she wanted to wear a skirt to bed. Then today, she tried on 3 different shirts before deciding on a Green Bay Packer one.
in her jammies this morning

Praise this warm weather we've had these past few days. Emma and I spent hours at the park today, and it was much needed. We even made a run home to change her diaper and headed right back to go play. We packed a blanket and snacks... because you don't know happiness until you've seen this girl at the park.
She wanted to go down the big twisty slide right away and when I told her it was too scary, she said "It's ok I wait for my dadda to do it wif me."

We picked up Ryley to join us after an hour or so, and the two of them ran wild like little crazy people. Those first moments on the swings after a long winter away must feel funny, because Ryley and Emma were laughing really hard like someone was giving them a good tickling. They got me laughing hard, too.

I swear, any time spent at the park creates this feel-good aura that doesn't go away for the rest of the day. Emma is tired, the good kind of tired, and I can't help but think all that laughing and playing is good for her little soul. Parks a minute away are one of the things I love so much about living in town.
And this morning I organized Emma's room in an attempt to prepare for the baby that will be here before we know it. Space for the babies clothes is one of my biggest concerns, and I got half of Emma's dresser cleaned out and worked on organizing the closet.
I'm on top of my game today, and I give credit to this warm shining sun. It's days like this where the blinds are all open and the sun pours in - these are the days where I wouldn't leave our little house for nothin'.



No comments:
Post a Comment